Nextpost Mobile Application is monitored and operated by the Big Fat Company .
I) Information shared by the user
II) Information we collect when users use the application
I) Information shared by the userPersonal data -
while interacting with our services, we collect information you provide to us that can be used to identify you personally. We collect information such as your name, username, email address, password and Date of Birth. An additional information may also be entered by the user which relates to a ‘Profile Picture.’
You’ll provide us whatever information you send while using our services. Other Users can always see the content you share along with some of the information your provided in the beginning namely your name, surname, email address and username.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
II) Information we collect when users use the application
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you watched a particular Series, saw a specific Movie for a certain period of time.
Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information - We collect information about your activity through our services. We may collect the following information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as which content you like to watch, which genre is most suitable to you, how frequent you watch the content.
- how you communicate with other Socialites, such as their names, which friends you exchange calls (audio and video) with the most while watching content.
- Content Information - We collect content you create on our services, such as videos in the form of series and short movies , and information about the content you create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information - We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone;
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
- Videos - Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to send Snaps or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information - We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service.You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
USAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
At SoSocial, we aim to bring out the best of services offered to our users, we use users information to constantly improve and deliver the best in class application. Here’s what we do -
- Constantly develop. improve, operate and deliver our products and services as well as keeping the privacy protection intact.
- Monitor and analyse trends in the content.
- Monetising the content on the basis of quality, concept, engagement
- Enhancing the safety of users privacy.
- Verifying the identity of the users to prevent malicious and fraudulent behaviour.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Send you communications, including by email.
- Suggesting friends, profile information, or customising the content we show you.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
DATA PROTECTION UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Sosocial International Private Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances,
you have the following data protection rights:
One reason we might use your information is because you’ve entered into an agreement with us.
Legitimate interest -
Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services, including protecting your account, delivering content, providing customer support, and helping you find friends. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests don’t outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data doesn’t significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so.
In some cases we’ll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions. Even if we’re not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
Legal obligation -
We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users.
Your Right to Object -
You have the right to object to our use of your information. With many types of data, we’ve provided you with the ability to simply delete it if you don’t want us processing it anymore. For other types of data, we’ve given you the ability to stop the use of your data by disabling the feature altogether.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside India and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to India and process it there.
RETENTION OF DATA
We store other information for longer periods of time. For example:
We store your basic account information—like your name, username, Date of Birth and email address—and list of friends until you ask us to delete them.
We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use
We’re constantly collecting and updating information about the things you might like and dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant content and advertisements. If you ever decide to stop using Sosocial, you can just ask us to delete your account via emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We also encourage you to review the Google's policy for safeguarding your data:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
For more information on what type of information Firebase collects, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children"). For the matters of collecting personal information from children under the age of 13, according to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), parents are in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, according to which, operators of websites and online services must protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.